Frozen shoulder is a disorder that causes stiffness and pain to the shoulder joint and is also known as adhesive capsulitis. It also leads to the loss of normal movement of the shoulder. It could be serious and worsen with time if proper treatment is not provided. It is mainly observed in people of the age group 40-60 and also in women more than men. The shoulder has three bones that form a ball-and-socket joint. It includes the upper arm (humerus), collarbone (clavicle), and the shoulder blade (scapula). It also has tissue that helps in holding everything together which is known as the shoulder capsule.
With this condition, the shoulder capsule becomes so tight and thick which makes its movement hard. Formations of bands of tissue scar take place and also the quantity of synovial fluid reduces so the lubrication doesn’t take place. There are several other methods to treat frozen shoulders such as exercise, medications, and many others. Kayakalya nature cure center is there to treat frozen shoulders by using natural methods and therapies which don’t have any side effects and also have long-lasting results.
- The major symptoms of this disorder are stiffness and pain which makes its motion hard. Mostly it happens only on one side of the shoulder at a single time.
- If anyone is suffering from a frozen shoulder, they feel an achy or dull pain in the joint, muscle, and bone pain or around the top of the arm. The pain gets worsens at night which creates problems with sleeping.
- It limits the motion range.
- Finding difficulty in doing daily chores such as carrying things, driving, holding objects, and many others.
A person with a frozen shoulder experiences three phases. Each phase has its own timeline and unique symptoms.
Three phases of frozen shoulder are discussed below:
- Feeling pain during every movement.
- Gradually the intensity of pain increases over time and also hurts more at the night.
- It might last from 6-9 months.
- Gradually the pain gets better but the shoulder gets stiffer.
- The movement of the shoulder becomes harder which leads to difficulty in getting through with daily activities.
- This phase could last 4-12 months.
- The stiffness of the shoulder reduces gradually in this phase which results in its normal movement.
- It takes up to 6-12 months.
Risk factors of Frozen Shoulder
- It is more likely to happen in women than men.
- This condition is more observed in people in the 40-60 age group.
- There are also chances to get frozen shoulder by people who are recovering from surgery like mastectomy or a medical condition like stroke that limits the movement of the arm and shoulder.
- Diabetic people are also more likely to get frozen shoulders. According to reports, it is observed that approximately 10-20% of diabetic people experienced this condition.
- Some other medical conditions such as thyroid disorder, Parkinson’s disease, or heart disease also increase the chances of getting frozen shoulder disorder.
Causes of Frozen Shoulder
This condition is caused due to the lack of flexibility and movement of the shoulder and arm and also because of inflammation of joints, ligaments, and shoulder capsules. If a person is suffering from any injury or inflammation at joints and shoulder capsule that impairs its ability to slide within the joints. It results in the tightening and thickening of the shoulder capsule which constricts the joints and causes pain and stiffness.
Naturopathy Treatment for Frozen Shoulder
It is highly efficient to treat frozen shoulders by using natural methods as they don’t have any side effects and also give long-lasting results. The therapist majorly focuses on improving the movement of the shoulder via practicing targeted and safe stretching and exercise of the shoulder, lowering inflammation, and by means of natural pain-killer treatments. It is also observed that most stiff shoulders of patients can be treated successfully at home by adapting some simple exercises in their lifestyles such as pendulum stretch, towel stretch, finger walk, armpit stretch, cross body reach, and inward and outward rotation. Some of the natural methods to treat frozen shoulder are as follows:
- Bowen Therapy: It is the most efficient technique that is used to cure the frozen shoulder. It is a technique in which gentle massage at the neck, back, and shoulder is given. The duration of this therapy is between 45-60 minutes.
- Acupuncture: It is also one of the best methods to improve the stiffness and movement of the shoulder. It also reduces pain by pressing different points at the back and shoulder area. The duration of treatment is highly dependent on the severity of the condition.
- Botanical medicines: There are several anti-inflammatory herbs that help in treating the disorder. Turmeric, magnesium, CoQ10, and omega-3 fatty acids are some of the anti-inflammatory supplements that are used in this condition. The herbal medicines vary according to the medical history of the patient as it makes sure that it will not interact or show some reactions with other medicines the patient is taking.
In addition to the naturopathy therapies, there are several other additional things to do such as adopting a healthy lifestyle, diet changes, exercise, vitamins, and B12. Probiotic-rich foods, grass-fed beef, avocado, olive oil, seeds, and fresh veggies are some of the recommended foods that help in fighting inflammation. It is also suggested that a person should limit toxin or chemical exposure, vibrations from vehicles, mental stress, and cigarette smoking.
Kayakalya nature cure center provides efficient panchakarma therapy to treat frozen shoulder disorder. We first analyze the severity of the disorder as it varies and also study the medical history of the patient thoroughly. A proper counseling session is appointed for every patient in which everything is discussed related to the patient’s condition and also proper diet chart and healthy lifestyle guidance will be provided by the doctor. The highly experienced therapist of our center will treat you and also provide proper guidance on some simple exercises at home.
The main aim of Kayakalya nature cure center is to provide highly efficient treatment to their patient by using natural therapies and herbal medicines. Our center uses panchakarma therapies which consist of Abhyangam to treat frozen shoulders which have long-lasting results and no side effects. If you are suffering from this unbearable pain then just visit the Kayakalya Nature Cure center in Udaipur. It is one of the best naturopathy centers you could find in the whole city. We give our 100% to help our patients in every possible way.